Juicy, ripe strawberries are one of nature's sweetest gifts, and besides being a favorite summertime snack, they're a natural beauty enhancer that can work wonders on hair and skin. Loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, and alpha hydroxy acids, strawberries can transform and balance oily skin, banish wrinkles, and even reverse hair loss. Here are ten ways to get gorgeous with fresh strawberries.
1. Mash 2 or 3 ripe strawberries and mix them with 1 tablespoon of raw honey to make a deep-cleaning face mask. Leave it on your face for at least 15 minutes then rinse with warm water.
2. Mix ½ a cup of sugar, 4 or 5 ripe strawberries, and 3 teaspoons of olive oil to make a luxurious body scrub.
3. Prevent hair loss and promote growth by whipping up a hair mask with 2 ripe strawberries, smashed, with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of raw honey.
4. For a skin-balancing facial, mix 3 smashed strawberries with 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt and slather on your face and neck; leave on for 15 minutes.
5. Make a simple exfoliating wash by rubbing your face with a couple of smashed strawberries. The natural AHAs will slough off dead skin cells.
6. Get a whiter, brighter smile by rubbing half a strawberry back and forth over your teeth and letting the fruit do its thing for a minute or two before rinsing.
7. Mash 2 ripe strawberries and mix with 2 teaspoons of sugar to make a lip scrub that will soften and plump your pucker.
8. Put cold strawberry slices on your eyelids to treat puffy eyes. The alpha hydroxy acids in the fruit will make eyes look smoother and younger.
9. Mix 7 or 8 smashed strawberries with a tablespoon of mayonnaise to make a nourishing hair conditioner that will leave strands silky and shiny.
10. Combat acne scars and dark spots by applying fresh strawberry juice to the site with a cotton ball or swab. Rinse thoroughly after 5 or 10 minutes.