1. An extra rod placed halfway down the wall below the top rod is perfect for hanging shorter skirts.
2. A low dresser or side table with drawers can serve as bonus storage, and when painted a pretty color with fancy pulls, it's also a decorative statement.
3. Securing pretty hooks or knobs to the walls or on the back of the door is great way to keep things like scarves, necklaces and bracelets, or handbags from taking up much-needed real estate on the shelves.
4. It's a well-known design staging trick to place mirrors in small rooms to make them appear bigger, and a strategically-placed mirror in a closet can do the same. Mirrors adhered to the wall behind shelves, or a floor-length mirror leaned against a wall give the space depth.
5. Utilizing as much of the wall as possible is fantastic for saving space. I love the idea of placing shelves high up and hooking high heels over them.