Avocados are, in my opinion, one of nature's most delicious gifts, and besides tasting good they're so good for you--there are over 25 vital nutrients packed into that little green fruit (vitamins, protein, antioxidants)! And all those good for you vitamins and minerals can do wonders for your skin and hair. Here are ten ways to get gorgeous with avocado.
1. Warm a couple of drops of avocado oil between your palms and rub through your hair to fight frizz.
2. For shiny hair, apply a mixture of one smashed avocado with an egg yolk and one tablespoon of coconut oil, leave it on for 20 minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual.
3. Make a moisturizing hand and body scrub my mixing mashed avocado with enough sugar to form a paste, rub on skin in a circular motion, then rinse after five minutes.
4. Throw equal parts avocado and cucumber into your blender to whip up a refreshing face mask that will rejuvenate dull, tired skin.
5. Use avocado oil as a natural sunscreen. You can also treat sunburn with it.
6. Get glowing in a flash with a simple avocado face mask; just smash a ripe avocado, apply to face and neck, and rinse after 5 or 10 minutes. It also combats wrinkles.
7. Apply smashed avocado to rough, dry skin as a pre-shower treatment, then rinse to reveal soft, supple, healthier-looking skin.
8. Rub avocado oil into cuticles for healthy nails.
9. Toss one ripe avocado, one cup of milk, and some honey to sweeten into a blender and make a smoothie that will give you glowing skin from the inside out.
10. Mix with olive oil to make this hydrating hair mask.