Bananas are amazingly versatile, not just for recipes, but for beauty DIYs as well. They're loaded with potassium, vitamins, and other vital nutrients that nourish skin and hair, and they're perfect for all skin types. The natural antibacterial agents in bananas make them ideal for fighting acne, while natural oils help to keep dry skin hydrated. Here are 10 beautiful reasons to keep your fruit basket stocked with bananas at all times.
1. Make a moisturizing face mask with a mashed banana and a tablespoon of honey; apply to face and rinse off after 20 minutes.
2. For a pimple-fighting face mask that's free of chemicals and harsh ingredients, combine one mashed banana with ½ teaspoon each of baking soda and turmeric powder. Apply to clean face and rinse after 15 minutes.
3. Make a quick and easy face scrub by mixing a mashed banana with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
4. Treat dry, itchy skin and eczema by rubbing the inside of a banana peel on the affected area.
5. Mash a small banana with 4 large strawberries, then mix in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and ½ cup of sugar for a fruity body scrub.
6. Mix a mashed banana with a mashed avocado and 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt for a hydrating hair mask.
7. Since bananas are considered nature's Botox, simply mash one up and apply to face and neck; rinse after 15 to 20 minutes.
8. To combat oily skin and brighten your complexion, combine a mashed banana with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, apply to skin and leave on for 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Mix ¼ cup of oatmeal with a mashed banana for a calming and nourishing face mask.
10. Treat your tresses to a vitamin-packed conditioning treatment by adding a few drops of almond oil to a mashed banana and applying to damp hair for 15 minutes.