Even though I love winter I couldn't be more excited about the arrival of spring. All around the city, trees are bursting with colorful blossoms and the weather has started to warm up, despite the showers we're expecting this week. I can't wait to start wearing maxi dresses and putting my little ones in playful skirt sets, and my husband has already made plans to barbecue soon. There is so much to look forward to this season that I've put together a list to help make it an amazing spring.
1. Treat yourself to a bouquet fresh flowers to brighten up your home or office.
2. Have a picnic. I've shared some brilliant picnic ideas here, here, and here.
3. Put together a basket of Peeps, Cadbury Eggs, and other Easter candy and take it down to your local fire house or police station.
4. Wear floral prints.
5. Take advantage of the season's fresh produce and get creative in the kitchen.
6. Host a spring dinner party. These beautiful tablescapes are major goals.
7. Buy a cute new umbrella so you can enjoy the springtime showers without getting soaked.
8. Try a new fragrance.
9. Burn a gorgeously scented candle that evokes everything wonderful about the season. Here are my favorite scented candles for spring.
10. Open all the windows in your house and let the cool, spring breeze flow through.
11. Channel your inner bohemian and wear a flower in your hair.
12. Do a little spring cleaning and freshen up your space.
13. Visit a botanical garden.
14. Invite your pals over for girls' night and serve one of these pretty spring cocktails.
15. Head to your favorite makeup counter to find the perfect pink lipstick to match your skintone.